By Men Jiuzhang, Guo Lei
Verified via the Western Han dynasty greater than 2,000 years in the past, conventional chinese language drugs (TCM) is at present discovering elevated attractiveness. A common creation to conventional chinese language drugs explores the pondering at the back of TCM, its philosophy-based thought, and its state-of-the-art makes use of in today’s medical perform. The publication covers:
* institution and features of TCM’s concept
* institution and improvement of TCM’s medical system.
* simple positive factors of TCM
* TCM’s philosophical bases: primordial qi, yin-yang and 5 parts
* TCM’s clinical version, process, and architecture
Organized to make info simply available, every one bankruptcy contains:
* Goals & Requirements and Key Contents to allow readers to appreciate the middle and the description of the chapter
* Endnotes for readers to profit a few cultural and historic details bizarre to China
* Glossary for readers to appreciate extra particular information regarding TCM and chinese language culture
Complete with bankruptcy outlines and ancillary fabric, this conscientiously designed consultant brings a time-tested perform again to the long run.
Read Online or Download A General Introduction to Traditional Chinese Medicine PDF
Similar medicine books
Medicinal crops: Chemistry, Biology and Omics reports the phytochemistry, chemotaxonomy, molecular biology, and phylogeny of chosen medicinal plant tribes and genera, and their relevance to drug efficacy.
Medicinal crops offer a myriad of pharmaceutically lively parts, which were familiar in conventional chinese language medication and around the globe for hundreds of thousands of years. expanding curiosity in plant-based medicinal assets has resulted in extra discoveries of many novel compounds, in a number of angiosperm and gymnosperm species, and investigations on their chemotaxonomy, molecular phylogeny and pharmacology.
Chapters during this ebook discover the interrelationship inside conventional chinese language medicinal plant teams and among chinese language species and species open air of China. Chapters additionally speak about the incongruence among chemotaxonomy and molecular phylogeny, concluding with chapters on platforms biology and -omics applied sciences (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, and metabolomics), and the way they are going to play an more and more vital position in destiny pharmaceutical study.
• studies most sensible perform and crucial advancements in medicinal plant chemistry and biology
• Discusses the rules and functions of assorted concepts used to find medicinal compounds
• Explores the research and class of novel plant-based medicinal compounds
• contains case reports on pharmaphylogeny
• Compares and integrates conventional wisdom and present conception of globally medicinal vegetation "
About the Authors
Dr. Da Cheng Hao is an affiliate Professor and precept investigator on the institution of surroundings and Chemical Engineering, dependent on the Biotechnology Institute, Dalian Jiaotong college, Dalian, P. R China. he's a visitor Prof. of Institute of Medicinal Plant improvement (IMPLAD), chinese language Academy of scientific Sciences (CAMS), Beijing, P. R China.
Dr. Xiao Jie Gu is a Lecturer on the university of surroundings and Chemical Engineering, dependent on the Biotechnology Institute, Dalian Jiaotong collage, Dalian, P. R China.
Professor Pei Gen Xiao is an Academician of chinese language Academy of Engineering and the top of Key Laboratory of Bioactive elements and assets usage of chinese language natural drugs, Ministry of schooling, established at IMPLAD, CAMS, Beijing, P. R China.
A short look-up reference for ECG interpretation
and administration! This indispensable
pocket advisor offers the basics
(anatomy and body structure of the cardiovascular
system, electric conduction system
of the center, simple ECG strategies and components,)
ACLS and CPR algorithms,
emergency drugs, and comprehensive
information on tracking leads and
interpretation of over a hundred ECG strips,
including 12-lead and pacemaker rhythms.
- MRI at a Glance
- Medicine and Health (American Indian Contributions to the World)
- Musculoskeletal Medicine in Clinical Practice
- Implosions’ Grand Attractor Sacred Geometry & Coherent Emotion
- Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Orthopedics, 3rd edition
- Sleep and Quality of Life in Clinical Medicine
Extra resources for A General Introduction to Traditional Chinese Medicine
Unity of man and nature. 5. Deﬁnition and connotation of TSD. 6. Deﬁnitions and the distinction of symptom, syndrome, and disease. 7. Main content of syndrome diﬀerentiation. 8. Main content of TCM’s treatment. 9. Relation between syndrome diﬀerentiation and treatment. 10. Principles of TSD. Key Concepts 1. Two characteristics peculiar to TCM are holism and TSD. 2. Holism is an important concept of TCM. It refers to both the integrity of the human body itself, and the unity of the human body and nature.
Meanwhile, the unity of the human body and nature lies in the fact that the human body is inﬂuenced by the natural conditions and therefore human beings have to adapt to nature to maintain their normal vital activities. This notion was the manifestation of ancient materialism and dialectic, permeating such TCM aspects as physiology, pathology, diagnostic methods, syndrome diﬀerentiation, and treatment. 1 The Human Body: An Organic Integrity The human body is an organic integrity in the following three aspects.
9. Relation between syndrome diﬀerentiation and treatment. 10. Principles of TSD. Key Concepts 1. Two characteristics peculiar to TCM are holism and TSD. 2. Holism is an important concept of TCM. It refers to both the integrity of the human body itself, and the unity of the human body and nature. As an organic integrity, diﬀerent parts of the human body are inseparable in structure, coordinative in physiology, and mutually interacting in pathology. Meanwhile, the unity of the human body and nature lies in the fact that the human body is inﬂuenced by the natural conditions, and therefore human beings have to adapt to nature to maintain their normal vital activities.
A General Introduction to Traditional Chinese Medicine by Men Jiuzhang, Guo Lei